And now I am here! I am writing because I am not in the least bit tired! Why, well it is almost 11 pm here but only 4 pm back in good ol' Siloam! So yeah I made it and the plane ride was not too terrible! Here were a few funny events.
1. I was served the vegetarian meal for lunch and instead of realizing that no one else had their food (I was watching a movie and you all know how distracted I can get!) I ate it. A couple of minutes later they came and asked me if I had eaten a vegetarian meal and I said, "oops". The poor man behind me, who was the one who had pre-ordered the meal, was served fruit for dinner, sorry man!
2. Creepy old man invited me to stay at his "bed and breakfast" and told me he would wire me money to come and stay with him! I "forgot" to give him my email!
3. I was given great marriage advice by a man traveling back to the Congo!
4. I was really confused at the beginning of the long flight when they would report something over the intercom in English and then French, I guess I was ethnocentric enough to believe the rest of the world would make announcements in English and SPANISH!
Well that is about all for tonight. I guess I should try and go to bed now! I cannot believe I am actually in Africa!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So far stories with three men... will this be a pattern?
I'm praying for you Jess.
Kick it.
Hahaha! I can't believe you ate that guy's food! Well, what am I saying? Yes I can!
Stay away from those boys! No pattern!
Love you. Mean it.
yay, you're in africa! i miss you already.
Post a Comment