I went to an African church today, and yes I danced( I know right, after I said I was ashamed of my lack of rhythm)!!!!!!!!!! I have tasted the sweetness of South African culture and I will never be the same! I was told that the soil of Africa will not fall off my sandals, this is proving to be true!
We go to the refugee camp tomorrow. We were told that it is really calm and as long as political officials and the media don't come there won't be too much tension! However, scabies has broken out at the camp.....
Went up Table Mountain, I am not going to describe it because you just have to see it yourself! It's breath taking!
Last thing, My new discoveries:
Chutney
Biscuits (English biscuits)
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My dear friend...I can not express the joy my heart feels for you right now. I know where you've come from and what you've been through better than many and so to hear you talk of your experiences brings a smile to my face and tears of joy to my eyes. (I realize this comment is very sappy, but I just couldn't help it.) Te amo!
Hey Jess-- Aunt Debbie here! I found your blog through Leah's. I'm so proud of you! I'll keep up with your adventures this summer... I'm in the states now for furlough. Didn't get to see your folks before I left, but I'll really miss them. We'll be living in Denton, Texas, just north of Dallas, so if you ever need a place to go you just let me know. I'm there for you! Love you girl!
Hey Jess, thank you for creating this blog for us to enjoy with you. I am so glad you danced! Sometimes in my home, when praise music is calling me to worship, I cannot resist dancing. So....when you are given the choice to "sit it out, or dance", I hope you always choose to dance. Love you, dear....Tia
Post a Comment